Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Say My Name Say My Name... Dan-eye

Want to know the funniest thing about having a boyish nickname? No matter how you spell it, someone thinks you are a boy. For example:

becky: I know it says you're busy, but...I just wanted to clarify
you, know, why I "didn't know you"
:)
.....I thought danim423 was for someone named dan
like dan IM
or something
so I thought it was some crazy stalker named dan who had the same birthday as me (4-23)
I TOTALLY know who DANI is....
you're the only dani I know!!
:)
and you're my favorite dani
k--bye!

See, it always takes a little time for people to understand that I am a GIRL!

Example number 2: The Phone Call Description

Growing up, all of my friends would be telling people- either parents or boyfriends- who they were hanging out with and they'd say 'I'm hanging out with Dani' and the person on the other line (like clockwork) would say 'Who is he?' and my friends would say- no,no its a girl. I can't believe how many boyfriends were instantly jealous, how many parents were instantly ready to ground their daughters for hanging out with a boy without permission. Classic. It still continues today. The weekend I moved in to my house, my new roommate called her parents and here is how the conversation went:

'yeah, Dani moved in this weekend' -

'You girls got a boy to move in with you?'

No mom, its D-a-n-i, she's a girl.

'oh, but it would have been kind of cool'

The last part was def. awesome! Married friends have even been lectured by parents for hanging out with a boy when they are married. Its quite a laugh actually!

Any name stories?

No comments: