Thursday, May 17, 2007

Lazy Hazy Crazy Dayz of Summer



I love the beach!





I remember 4 years ago FRYING at Ocean City becuase I didn't understand how much spf really does help! The Lake Raystown sun never was that hot! 3 years ago, I had my first experience with Key West sun. I regrettably admit that I will one day likely die of skin cancer because I burnt a couple times before I figured out that even with 30 spf- you still get freakin' dark in that sun! Did you know that you can start tanning at 5pm and still get about 2 hours of good tanning glow there? Yeah, that's awesome for those who have to work when visiting Margaritaville!



Today, I believe I'm a Tanning Professional! Along with my tanning soul sister, we've tested and truly experienced the joys of tanning in Florida! How proud we are when we come back and kick the trash out of all those palies (pronounced pale-EEs) . Compliments are always accepted incredibly graciously (well, with a hint of cockiness) when even weeks after trips, we find our ways to hang on to as much of the color as possible. That would be WITHOUT FAKE BAKING, since a few of our pals have taken to the habit in order to keep up with us!



Hillsboro Mile is the new vacation spot of choice for me. When I dream of my happy place- its there! Its the private beach, the huge fish print towels, the clear blue/green water, and well- Mississippi Sweets (A restaurant located a couple miles down the street). It is there that I lose my fear of old people, my fear of what i look like in a suit (seriously- its a retirement community and the older gentlemen love us there please share in a moment of silence for my sugar daddy Sal who passed just this spring), and my fear of dying pale! I could leave this beautiful earth happy right now!!

If all works out- I hope to spend the majority of Summer 08' in Florida. That would be awesome!
What is your favorite leisure vacation ( i don't mean trapsing throughout Europe- that's too much like work). I want to know how you relax the most.

No comments: