Tuesday, May 22, 2007

T-Shirts Rock!




Softball is in session! Kamikaze (the reigning Co-ed Champs) is back and with a new, more colorful, look! Thanks Mike for bringing out the new cotton t's. They are very nice (picture coming soon). I will admit that I am a sucker for uniforms, and I will miss our very real mesh jerseys! Something about looking official always makes me happy. However, the new lighter look is definitely a favorite. And as long as I keep my #10- Whatever Jersey is fine by me!

Along with new shirts came a very nice 24-11 victory as well as one of my own best hits.

We were all thrown off a little during the pregame when one of our more popular bats was deemed illegal - to wide for use. Hmm- maybe that's why we're so good! Kidding. Anyhow- it was a good night for change! First inning I had a beautiful push down the third base line (for those of you who don't know- I'm Left handed - that's quite a tough accomplishment for me). It was an easy triple, but I found myself being greedy and pushed it towards home. OOPS! Big mistake. I ended up getting out and twisting my ankle pretty bad. 3RBI's though! GO Dani!

I'm not sure who else did exactly what during the game offensively, but I would definitely like to give a few shout outs to the big moments. The Mahster- who literally ran onto the field, tossed her keys and phone in the dirt, walked up to the plate, and had a very nice base hit!!

Another offensive shout out goes to our female superstar, 9er- I get excited when I get nice hits, but watching this girl swing is like watching Michael Jordan shoot free throws. Perfection of form with a bit cockiness in the corner of the mouth.

On the male end of the stick- Stathis had a beautiful unloading of the bases. Paul was robbed by the kids playing soccer. Mike made some very nice hits, as is usual though- nice work! Newcomer to the team, Towers, also rocked it out.

They say Defense wins championships- if that's so, then we are well on our way to a repeat. Starting with the best pitcher- KKK's all around- even the big guy couldn't catch a hit. If by some chance they do manage to hit it, she's all over it like a cat on a ball of yarn. Pounce Baby! Of course, since that means she's usually on her knees that makes for some interesting catches at 1st base. I'm getting better at splitting and keeping my foot on the bag. Of course- with the ump we had last night- i had to jump on the bag a few times for him to believe I was actually standing on it. Not to brag, but there were some pretty fancy balancing acts on my part last night. Good thing my ankle wasn't hurting or anything (did you note the sarcasm?). Our infield rocks all around- from quick Whit thinking at second, superB's arm at short, and 9ers phenom- abilities at third- its tough to get all the way around! The outfield also made a name for itself last night- rarely a hit got past them!

Anyway- the season is young! Good times ahead! Until next time(which is Weds) I bid thee happy hitting!

One final note- The Fanikazes also represented in full force last night! You guys are the best and we love having you come watch! We do it all for you!

No comments: