Monday, July 07, 2008

Every Building in DC is Hogwarts!

My family was in town and it was my nephew's first trip to DC. YAY!

The first thing we did was not so DC-ish, but very Dani- we went to MY last softball game of the season. Adrian introduced himself as Harry Potter and throughout the night cast spells at my teammates as well as the other team. They worked for a while as we seemed to be a bit charmed in our play the first few innings. In the end we lost, but we played extremely well against the 2nd place team. I thankfully didn't choke too much while on the field. Had a few catches in the outfield, and managed to knock down a couple at 3rd. Good times!
The rest of the family weekend was mostly a mixture of Eatin' and Chillin' at the house. The weather was not great for doing lots of outside activities other than
maybe swimming.
While my nephew decided terrorizing my house was his favorite activity- we also watched movies (all things Harry Potter), as well as tv shows ,and ate lots and lots of goodies. I did manage to finally convince my sister that I would not allow Adrian to drown in the pool, and she gave me permission to take him up 'All by Myself' (note the big kid voice). HE/WE Loved It! For a kid who has never been big pool swimming before, he picked things up rather quickly. By the end of the 2nd day- he was going underwater all by himself and loving every second of it.


There were a few incidents of swallowing water though... was it wrong of me to laugh when this happened?
We also went to watch the fireworks- I thought Adi was going to fall over with excitement. My Mom was panicking just a touch while we were parked along 395 to watch but it worked well and we missed most of the traffic coming from the city!
On our final day, we went downtown to see some sites- via drive-by! As we crossed into the city, I heard 'THERE'S HOGWART'S!!' anytime we crossed a big building. Especially the Smithsonian Museum and The Capitol Bldg. I do believe that even the Wash. monument was deemed to be Hogwart's as well.
I hope they come visit again soon!!



No comments: