Wednesday, June 18, 2008

'Crush' it! /Blue Crush/ SOFTBALL!

Everyone knows I'm a sports nut. How many evenings a week do I squeeze in as many athletic ativities as possible? A typical night involves any combination of gym, tennis, softball, or basketball. Crazy? Maybe a little, but I feel best when I'm moving and what a better way to be social than while exercising. You'd think I'd be super skinny by now, but I'm pretty sure my eating habits prohibit such a physique. Good thing I'm active....just imagine...okay don't... That's scary!

Anyhow, From Spring through Fall- Its Softball season. This season, two teams have split/joined forces/mixed it up/ and added a little extra flavor and came up with CRUSH! An awesome team of fun people. Here's a shot of A-Bo during his first night of Pitching. Usually Ace is the pitcher, but it looks like we have a few guys who will bring the heat (hehe- the lob is more like it). Sure- 10th batter walked 3 times in one inning to score the only 3 runs they had that inning (co-ed slow pitch rules- little confusing)- but still. He struck him out the next inning, so that was pretty fantastic. So much so - he did a nice little jig off of the field! Like a child at Christmas!


The season started out spectacularly- 2-0. Then we took 3 hits to the chin before evening up the tally. Currently, we stand 4-4, with 2 tough games left in the season. We do play in the toughest division, so I'm hoping that a mediocre record will be enough to get us through to the tournament. If not, we will take 2 months to lick our wounds and get ready for Fall season.

While I'm waiting for a set of pictures, Guh-neit has provided a few shots for our entertainment.
Check me out! I'm in the outfield, playing the rover position and standing near centerfield. Dude pops it up to the right field line and I run ALLLL the way over and catch it! Look at that- Two hands!! Whitney should be Proud! I most often hear her saying that the boys miss it when they are smug and don't use two hands to catch in the outfield....I didn't even know I did it! Funny enough, I was running so hard to get there (and luckily timed it well) that I couldn't stop running once I caught it. I continued running and ended up running it all the way to Boone at pitch. It was rather entertaining. I love that Guh-neit caught the shot at the perfect moment!!! Props to the photographer! Thanks!
It must have been a Lefty up to bat- Look how serious Yo-Yo is right now! She did a wicked good job at 1st that game. I typically prefer 1st for myself, but you have to mix it up sometimes. Outfield is good too...
2 games left!!! Go Crush! Check in later for more pics!

No comments: