Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Sisters-

Back in high school, I had a youth group leader who stood out above and beyond all other people in the world. Totally the coolest lady on earth - sporty, playful, funny, spiritual, totally an emotional basket case, and just plain awesome! She managed to be the first adult I ever opened up to (long history here), and quite possibly the most influential person in my life.

Over the years this friend has been in and out of life (never far from heart though) and will always be that person that I'm just completely drawn to. Basically, if she said drop everything and come hang out- I'd do it... unless it was a boy that I REALLY REALLY like. She manages to get me to do the most random jobs for her - crawling on her roof, breaking into the house, installing windows, and multiple times I've hauled wood. Its always a great interaction and we most times enjoy being tough as nails and more clever than the guys trying to attempt the same jobs.

Anyhow- this friend has a few kids and they've always referred to me as their Sister Dani. This confuses many, because Suz also refers to me as her sister. Funny enough, we've managed to make this random in between sisterhood work for us and most seem to get it after about 5 minutes in the same room. I've lived with them for about a month when I moved to DC, and though I loved it- I felt a little guilty when Farrel (her husband) and I would walk into the house after work and the reaction would be a little lopsided. More often than not- it was 'Hi Dad - DAANNNIII!!!' - Too funny, but i'm sure my moving out helped the ego repair once the kids were happy to see him again!

This last weekend was another adventure in hauling wood (just the girls this time since the boys were busy racing their bikes). Good times were had, but boy was I tired. I took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda, but while we were waiting- we snapped a couple pics on my phone...


I sure love that family! This coming weekend is sleepover time, and I'm sure there will be more pics from that!

No comments: